Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Jacob's 3rd Birthday

Just after I returned from my trip to Minnesota, my nephew Jacob had his 3rd birthday party. He actually turned 3 on August 29, but we waited to have the party until I returned so that I could be in attendance. This is the first birthday that I've been able to attend in his short life, and I didn't want to miss it! It was fun. He had a Little Einsteins party. My sister, Jenn (Jacob's mom), set up a pool that someone had given her, and she also set up the slip-and-slide that she bought for him for his birthday. So all the kids had a good time getting wet and playing in the pool. Jacob had fun opening his presents. He got lots of cool stuff including some water toys. But his favorite gift by far was a mini acoustic guitar that he received. It wasn't long after the presents were opened and the cake was cut that Jacob was off to one side playing that guitar and singing at the top of his lungs. He gave us a great concert! It was totally precious because all of the songs he sang were about praising Jesus!! I swear this kid is going to be a great musician for Christ one day!! I took a video, so enjoy!!


No comments: