Sunday, February 03, 2008

Interesting Mexican Food: Tejuino

Sandy and her Tejuino

So, living in a foreign country inevitably means having encounters with foods and drinks that I would otherwise never know existed. And of course, wanting to adapt to the culture in which I live, I generally try to keep an open mind and try things at least once, even if it doesn't look so appetizing or "normal". Well, this afternoon after church Sandy, provided me with a notable experience with a very Mexican beverage. It's called "Tejuino" (pronounced: teh-hWEENo). Here is my response....

BLECK!!!

This is a cold, iced beverage that is made from fermented tortilla dough, lime, and salt. Of course, I didn't think to ask what was in it before I tasted it or I probably would have passed on this particular experience. Oh well...live and learn. Of course, I suggest that if you ever get the chance to try this beverage that you give it a try for yourself. But, needless to say, I will never be drinking Tejuino again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! Ambar!!

God bless you!!

Do you want to be very Mexican??

you must drinking "Tejuino"

jejeje... :D

bye...

Blessing's!!