Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Update on the Fam...

For those of you who have been praying and asking, thank you. My family continues to “hang in there”. The last couple of months have been extremely tough in all ways: emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc. My uncle finally passed away on Friday, September 8, and the memorial service was on Sept 14. The same weekend that my uncle passed, my youngest brother was in crisis mode, and ended up in ICU for several days. However, praise the Lord, he is out of the hospital and seems to be doing ok: taking it “one day at a time”. He is talking with one of my aunts and her boyfriend about possibly moving out to Chicago

Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray for them. I heard that my grandmother has also been sick during this time which is also hard—for her as I know she hates to feel burdensome, but also for the rest of us because every time she is sick, we worry! My step-mom tells me that my aunt is continuing to recover from the last couple months since my uncle’s accident. His son will continue to live with her for his senior year of high school and then plans to attend VCU. Please keep them in your prayers as they continue to grieve and learn to go on with life. My uncle David was a wonderful man, and he will be sorely missed, but we are all rejoicing that his suffering is over and he is with the Lord now, waiting for us to join him one day in the huge party up in Heaven!

1 comment:

Jody and Ruth Been said...

What's going on with the brother? It's been so long since I've seen them. I am embarrassed to say I have forgotten their names (but NOT their faces). How can I be praying?