Friday, January 04, 2008

Christmas Take 2

So, yesterday a package arrived from my friend Christina! It happened to contain a birthday present, several Christmas presents for me, and even a Christmas present for Sandy!!! I was overwhelmed when I broke open the box to find it stuffed full of colorfully wrapped gifts! She had written to let me know that a package was on the way, but I never imagined that it would contain so many things! I quickly unpacked the box and put all of the lovely gifts under my tree, which OF COURSE is still up and shining brightly in my living room.

Then last night, Sandy came over, which was really good because I was too excited for her to open her gift to be able to wait very long. I was literally about to bust! So, we opened them all. There were several individual servings of EasyMac (which I can't get here in Mexico!), a beautiful silver and white Christmas house ornament (which is exquisite on my tree!), a cd called "Glory Revealed" (which is quickly becoming my favorite cd ever!), the dvd of Oceans 12, a package of Jello No Bake Oreo Pie (my favorite!), hand sanitizer (wonderful with all the dust around here!), and a package of candy-cane Hershey kisses. Sandy was totally excited to see the dvd and the Jello No Bake; she has come to love oreo pie since I made it at Christmas, and we love watching movies. But her favorite thing was her gift: a beautiful photo album for her photography. She immediately wanted to look through all her photos and start picking out and printing her favorites so she can start filling up her own private collection of her photography.

Sandy opening her gift

Wow! I am just totally overwhelmed with the generosity, careful thought, and love of my dear sweet friend. We have been friends since move-in day freshman year at Mary Washington College, and I know that my friendship with Christina is nothing short than a gracious and unmerited gift from the Lord.

It's like Christmas all over again! Thanks Christina-Sham! Merry Christmas to you too!!

No comments: