Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Years Call 2008

So, I was sitting in that bus terminal on New Years day with a couple of hours to wait for my bus to leave. I didn't want to sleep because I knew I'd miss my departure, so I pulled out my Bible and began to read...seems a little ironic as I type it now, since you always hear people say that's what they do when they WANT to fall asleep...HAHA! Isn't it amazing how the Lord changes things in us...

Anyway, so I found myself thinking back to the challenge the Lord gave me on New Years last year to live every day for Him and to have an undivided heart (Psalm 84-86). This year, I ended up in Psalm 45:10-11:
"Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and your father's house. The king is enthralled with your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord."
The Lord made it clear that this year we’ll be continuing to work on having an undivided heart (Psalm 86), but part of that process is “forgetting your people and your father’s house”, or rather all the things I cling to instead of holding onto him. I found myself asking, “Lord what am I holding onto that you want me to let go for you? What am I looking at instead of looking at you? Help me to let those things go this year and fix my eyes on you, to HONOR you and really let you be LORD in my life this year!”

So that’s my prayer for 2008: to truly HONOR the Lord; to choose the “one thing that is needed”, what is better, as Mary did at Jesus feet; and to love Him and Him only.

2008....ready...set.....GROW!!

No comments: