Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My 28th Birthday Party

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since my birthday, but I finally got the pictures from the event. So, I wanted to post them. Sandy and Mili's mom made a birthday dinner for me again this year. We ate birria with rice, and their aunt Pola made me a chocolate cake. It was seriously the best cake I've tasted in longer than I can remember! It was a really fun time. Then that weekend, Mili and Sandy spent the night. To make it a special night (rather than all the other times they spend the night), we went and ate tacos in the town square and bought churros for dessert. Then we came back, opened presents, and watched a movie while eating churros. It was a very special birthday, that is for sure, and God has been so good to me through it all. Enjoy the pics!

The party area in their yard just outside the kitchen. The house is to the left outside of the picture.

The party in full swing. There's eating at the table, and visiting here in front. A good time was had by all!

The cake arriving. Boy was it yummy! Thanks, Pola!

Flavia (blue shirt) and Pola (black shirt) cutting the cake and giving it to me to serve.

La Mordida. The typical tradition is the birthday person takes a big bite out of the cake, and with little kids, they will push their head into the cake as they take the bite! No worries...Mili is faking it here!

Opening presents in my recently-flooded apartment. That's why things are so out of place!

This was giving to me by Faith's mom, Leeann, who was visiting during my birthday. It's hand-made by an indigenous group here in Mexico. Beautiful! Thanks, Leeann!!

Some cute magnets given to me by Aide, Mili and Sandy's little sister. I LOVE them and was in desperate need of magnets, so I really appreciated this gift!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like a great birthday! glad you had fun! and happy birthday! :)