Monday, May 08, 2006

This week has been one of reminders.

reminders to be careful with my mouth, not only because of the effect that careless words can have, but also because of the responsibility that is inherent in my presence here

reminders that my justification is not man-made, not a justification that simply hides my sins, but is God-granted and actually washes my sins completly away so that I'm clothed in RIGHTEOUSNESS rather than just fig leaves

reminders that I'm to live out of an unceasing fountain of Life that is Christ and not out of the cracked and broken cisterns that I have a tendency to build for myself

reminders of the grace that He has lavishly poured out on me and how undeserving yet how unquenchably loved I truly am.

Thank you Lord for your unceasing faithfulness to keep me growing, to keep me teachable, to keep me deeper.

No comments: