Monday, June 26, 2006

The last couple of weeks have not been extremely eventful, but they have been enjoyable. I already posted about my aunts visiting. I've also been home A LOT, since that's where I'm living, so I'm getting lots of quality time with my sisters, parents, grandmother, and my youngst nephew who also lives here. On top of that, I've been back in Fredericksburg several times for church and for worship team practice. I'm REALLY enjoying being able to sing again! That is something I missed very much while I was in Mexico. So, another incredible blessing there!

This past weekend, one of my other grandmothers had a yard sale. My mom went to her house to help out, and my sister Heather and I headed over there as well, since she's only about 25 miles west of us. That was really great. It was the first time I'd seen both my mom and grandma since I arrived back here in the states! We had a good time, and I even came home with some loot!

After the yardsale, I headed north again to a HOE DOWN that my church put on. What fun! There were games and food and an auction and real square dancing and hay rides and lots of familiar faces, as well as some unfamiliar faces. We did this for the first time back in October when we were fund-raising for our short-term Christmas trip to Cofradia (the same place where I'm now on staff full-time). After that, everyone at church had so much fun that they insisted that the church do it again just for the fun of it! And so, this weekend's event was the result. It was a good time.

I spent the night with a friend and went to church, and then immediately headed back to Richmond for TWO..yes, two...surprise parties: one was a surprise baby shower for a friend I haven't seen since her wedding, and the other was a surprise retirement party for my dad. It was neat to see Christy pregnant and catch up with her a little. I was also able to catch up with another friend from elementary school who is also working in missions in Latin America. She was in Colombia for three years and is about to head to seminary two get 2 masters degrees in three years, and then she hopes to head back to the mission field working with indigenous groups. Very exciting stuff!

And today is my sister Heather's 25th birthday! WAHOO!! Happy 1st Quarter of a Century, sis!

Tomorrow morning at the colon of dawn I head out on a road-trip! I'm very excited cuz I haven't been on a road trip in years! My end destination is Colorado to spend time with my youngest sister, Elizabeth, before she and her husband move to ANTARCTICA for a year (yes, you read that right...Antarctica!), and also to go to the wedding of my friend Lisa in Denver. On the way, however, I'll be stopping with friends and getting some much-needed catch-up time! First I'll be in St. Louis with Becky, who just got married 3 weeks ago, and we're going to paint her bathroom! YEA! I love painting! Then it's on to Nebraska to stay with friends of a friend, and also to see my friend Duncan, who has been a pastor at a church in Lincoln. Then it's on to Colorado. On my way home I'll stop in St. Louis again with Becky and her husband Andy, and then home on the 4th of July! Just in time for worship practice and lunch with the pastor the next day! It will be a busy week, but very fun and exciting! Hopefully I'll have pics to post soon!

In the meantime, fundraising is still the goal. One-time gifts are beginning to come in, but please pray that the Lord would raise up monthly supporters. That is my biggest long and short-term need right now, but it's amazing to see how the Lord is providing for me financially in the meantime.

What an awesome God we serve!

No comments: