Thursday, March 29, 2007

And Nature speaks of His glory!

So, I thought I would take a moment and share with you some of what I find surrounding me on a daily basis and year-round! One of the things I find so precious about Mexico is that it's people and culture are so vibrant, and their natural surroundings reflect that! Some of these pictures were taken by me, some by Sandy, and some were donated to me by members of the His Place team that was here at the end of January. I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoy being surrounded by these sights!

I love walking this stretch of this road. It feels like I'm walking under a bower of blossoms for how the branches canopy adorn the road! :)

A close up of the blossoms of the tree above!

This is my favorite tree, and following are some close-ups of the flowers. I think there are three different trees all mixed up in there, and I KNOW that there are two different types of blossoms and three different colors that come out when it's all in bloom. The window behind this tree is where I often eat lunch or dinner almost daily--at Restaurant Heidy, owned by members of our church. That window is my favorite place to sit in the spring and summer!





I found this little guy while setting up for a team. These frogs are pretty common. When they are very babies, they can fit under our doors. It's interesting to be watching TV in the evening and then all of a sudden see a frog barely the size of your finger nail hopping through your living room!

I know we have flowers like this at home, but I don't know what they're called. Their height is astounding, and they are beautiful in this garden! One of my favorites to walk by. It always looks so cool, refreshing, and inviting!

This rose bush is in the same garden as the previous flowers.

Birds are EVERYWHERE. There is never a lack of birdsong around us. They nest in the roof of our church and chirp all day long!

Unique, no?!

Butterflies..something that seems so elusive at home...they're all over the place here! And they're stunning!






This was taken on top of the hill that overlooks the town of Cofradia

These flowers are some kind of vine that is growing on a tree just on the inside of the north wall of the new church. I love how they drape on the wall!



No comments: