Sunday, March 04, 2007

Happy Anniversary to me!

So, one year ago today, I moved to Mexico for the first time. I had no clue what the Lord was up to, but I new that He was moving me into something. I was petrified on one level and thoroughly exhilerated on another. I missed Fredericksburg TERRIBLY, but I new I wouldn't be content if I stayed put. It took a couple months to figure out that the Lord was sending me here for more than three months, but He got that message through.

Now, one year later, here I am marveling once again at how indescribably amazing the Lord is, and how I truly have the best life ever. Sure, there are times when I miss things or the lonliness gets to me, but even then I wouldn't trade this for the world right now. Maybe there will come a day when it's time to trade it for something else that the Lord wants to do in and through me, and at that time it will hurt, but I'll go. Until then, I couldn't imagine anything better than this, and who could possibly ask for more than that in this life?!


One year ago, I made some new friends...
April 2006


One year later, my life has been completely transformed....

Group shot at the end of my first three months..
May 2006

Mili and I at my 27th birthday party, hosted by her mom...
November 2006

Favi and I at the very first Thanksgiving feast at the Arrayanes church...


Me and the girls giving much thanks at Thanksgiving for God's gift of friends...


Mili and I with lights we used to decorate the entire Cofradia church...
December 2006


No one told me there would be KISSING in this movie!!....argh!...

Their introduction to hot apple cider at my Christmas decorating party...

Coffee buddies before church...
January 2007


Claudia and I at Mirna's 13th birthday...
February 2007



And one year later, I'm surrounded by the greatest girls placed on this planet...
April 2007


And God's goodness knows no end!
Happy anniversary to me and Cofradia. Happy anniversary, Lord!

No comments: