Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ana

Ana is my newest mentoree. She turns 15 on Nov. 25 (which is a big deal here in Mexico, by the way), and she's handful sometimes. But she's really sweet, and she has a good heart.

Last week we had our second meeting, and I told her to start thinking and praying about whether she wanted to study a book of the Bible or if she wanted to do the book Stomping Out the Darkness by Neil T. Anderson and Dave Park. And of course, if she chose to study the Bible first, then what book she wanted to study. On Sunday, she dropped the bomb...

"Amber! I know what book I want to study!!! REVELATION!!!" she said with all the excitement in the world.

And I started back-pedaling in my head. Of all the books in the Bible, she HAD to choose Revelation. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great book. Lots of meat to chew on. Lots to learn. Interesting read. And I'm sure it's even more than that. But there's also a lot there that remains cryptic to us because we're not SUPPOSED to know how it ALL is going to work out...not until it happens.

But how can I crush her enthusiasm for Scripture. I want to encourage that! I don't know many 15-year-olds (and especially in our youth group) who are excited to study one of the most difficult books of the Bible. But just thinking about it really revved her up.

"Oh Lord, fan that flame in Ana, and please give me wisdom to rightly divide your Word of truth."

No comments: