Friday, November 16, 2007

Birthday Musings..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

I love birthdays, especially mine. I love the concept of celebrating our lives, especially when Christ is involved in those lives. It's a gift to get to live this life, it's a gift to be able to know others and share in their lives. I love the idea of celebrating the blessing of others and the fact that all those years ago God set those blessings in motion when we had no clue they were even on their way. How amazing!


But I find that this year, my birthday holds a little less of the luster it usually has for me. I normally get so excited WEEKS before it arrives, and I plan activities and such just enjoy the day the best that I can. This year, I feel like it sneaked up on me and surprised me....that I wasn't quite ready for its arrival. I mean it's still a good day, don't get me wrong. And I'm enjoying it. But for the first time I can remember, it's not so exciting, and the most confounding part is that I'm not sure why!

Oh, well, regardless, I'm going to enjoy every moment of this day, and I'm going to enjoy prolonging it with sleep-overs in the week to come and packages that will arrive in a couple weeks, etc. I fully support the concept of celebrating a birthday for an entire month! And that's what I fully intend to do!

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

No comments: