Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Today, was Christmas Eve, and Heather and I spent it in Arrayanes! Today was also Aide's 13th birthday (she's Sandy and Mily's little sister), and Heather and I were invited to the party! The morning was spent tying up some loose ends, and relaxing a little bit. But then just after lunch we started getting ready and gathering up all that we were to take with us, and we headed to Sandy and Mily's house around 4:30. I took stuff to make my dad's apple cider since that was requested. They made dinner for the birthday party, which was pozole (my favorite!). Then for the family Christmas Eve celebration they had grilled beef and some other typical foods. We drank apple cider and just had a good time!

We were there until around 11 pm, and it was a ton of fun!
Aide LOVED her birthday present, and I gave Mily and Sandy their birthday presents early...very early, since their birthday's are in March. I bought them each their own copies of My Utmost for His Highest in Spanish, and I didn't want them to miss out on the first three months of devotions just for the sake of giving it to them on their birthdays. So, they all got something on Christmas Eve! Heather was very warmly received by the family. Flavia and her sisters all took to her right away! Everyone says that we don't look very much alike, but I think it's because of Heather's new hair cut. It's changed her look quite a bit!

But we had a really great time just hanging out with the family, laughing, talking, and getting to know each other. Flavia's sister Marta and her family were also there since they are visiting from Guadalajara, so it was an all out party-hardy night!


Now we're home, and the presents are under the tree for tomorrow, and the stockings are all stuffed! We had a good time going through all the stuff Heather brought with her for this event. We invited Mily, Sandy, Favi and her baby (Joan), and Lupe and her baby (Angel) to stay here after church tomorrow. I've made a ton of dessert foods and some lunch type foods, and we'll have more cider and soda to drink. And then we're going to give them a taste of what an American Family Christmas is like! They have no clue what's coming, but Heather and I are biting our nails off in excitement and anticipation!

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Sandy and I Christmas Eve afternoon

The Birthday Girl: Aide, now 13!

Sandy, Heather, Mily

Heather and Flavia

Mily, Ana, & Sandy checking out all of Aide's presents

Sandy, Me, Mily

Heather, Me

Cooking the meat! Yum!

Birthday cake!

Mordida!!

No comments: