Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Gilmore Girls Season 7

This is IT! The final season of Gilmore Girls!

Here in Mexico, I don't have cable, nor do I have an antenna. Honestly, I'm glad I don't have either. There's really not much on TV that I wish to watch nor feel that it would be beneficial for me to see. The fact that regular programming isn't even available to me also makes it much easier to avoid issues over the TV when I have girls over to hang out. We HAVE to figure out something else to do, whether together or individually, because rotting our brains with the TV isn't an option.


However, I do have a DVD player, so I have a movie collection, and I've been collecting seasons of some favorite TV programs back home....or borrowing them from those here who have them. One that I'm collecting is Gilmore Girls. I got into this program in college with my girlfriends of the Lilypad, and I got hooked. I very much enjoy the characters and the witty, fast-paced banter of the show. Anyway, season 7 aired in the states while I was here in Mexico, which means I never saw a single episode. Well, it was released about a month ago on DVD! It's the FINAL season, and HEATHER BOUGHT IT FOR ME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Since, both of us enjoy the show, we're watching it in the evenings to try and finish it before she heads home at New Years! This is so great! I finally have the complete collection! Mily and Sandy have begun to watch it as well, and really enjoy it! So much fun to share a little of my home culture with them! Anyway, off to watch more Season 7!!

No comments: