Monday, April 10, 2006

Moving Again!

So, Dave's parents left to return to Canada (where they are from) last week on Wednesday, which means I have moved again. I've now taken up residence in the apartment beneath Dave and Kathy's. So, here's some pics of my living quarters for the rest of the time here. I'm enjoying it so far! It's very spacious, and honestly, it's the first time that I've ever had my own apartment--without roommates, that is. It's so nice to have room to spread out a little bit and places other than my bed to sit and read or work on my computer or watch a movie or visit with folks or whatever. I also now have my own kitchen and can buy and store my own food, whereas before that was a little more difficult since I had to use the base kitchen and we were anticipating another team's arrival. So, I've gone shopping for groceries, and I'm set for a little while anyway. Yea!!!

The bedroom is about the same size as the room I was living in before, but now I don't have to store EVERYTHING in it, so it feels bigger. What you can't see in this pic is that just to the left of the edge of the picture is a hanging rod just like I had in the other room, for hanging clothes, and there is another bedside table there too. The wodden furniture in this room was hand made by Dave's parents! How cool is that?! And I actually have a real dresser here for clothes, etc! Dave's mom left some candles and silk flowers and a little mirror for me too! So, it's pretty to look at and quite homey for sleeping! Just outside that window is where the bunnies live. Dave, Kathy, and Jonathan raise bunnies to sell. They are very loud at night, so it's a good thing that I'm a deep sleeper! You can see the bathroom at the back of the room. That is the same bathroom I used when living in the other room. That other room I lived in is on the other side of the back wall where the bed is.

This is the kitchen! Isn't it so airy and pretty? Dave's mom did a very good job with decorating and painting. I love the stenciling higher up on the walls. It's not very Mexican in color and all, but it suits my American decorating sensibilities quite nicely, so I'm enjoying it! There's another big window on the other side of the table, which you can't see in this pic. Just for your FYI, this is the room where I realized the Lord might bring me back to Mexico during that Christmas trip!

And the living room! As you can see, lots of space, and even a TV and VCR! I still have to use my computer for DVDs, but now I can watch VHS videos as well, which Dave and Kathy also have an abundance of and share quite freely with me. It's nice also to have a little work station for the computer, etc. I love the windows, too--LOTS of light! Very happy for me!

No comments: