Wednesday, April 12, 2006

oysters and all that jazz..

So, I just realized something the other day...when I return to the states in June, I can go anywhere and do anything I want (assuming the Lord doesn't in fact tell me to return to Mexico right away)!!! Granted, I want to walk in the Lord's will and plans for my life, but for the first time in my life, that will and plan could litterally be ANYTHING and could take me ANYWHERE!! I have no words to describe how joyous it is to have that kind of FREEDOM facing me! When I graduated from high school, college was next, and I was limited to in state. Thankfully the Lord had me at Mary Wash, and I'm so thankful for that. After graduating college, I needed to find a job AND FAST to pay for bills and loans, etc, and ever since it's been that rat race where you can never quite catch up and just forget trying to get ahead...until now.

Now, I'm in Mexico for three months (52 days to go), and I have a return ticket for BWI in Maryland from which location I will head to Richmond for Becky's wedding. I do not currently know where I will live and I do not currently have a job lined up. I have nothing but complete confidence that the Lord will work those things out, so I'm not worried; the point of this is, however, that there is nothing that I'm OBLIGED to return to in VA aside from wanting to see my friends and family again and hear their beautiful voices after three months.

There are just no words to describe the elation that this realization has illicted in my heart!

Wow...God is SOOOOOOOO INFINTELY GOOD!!!!

...When Jesus is MY PORTION
A constant FRIEND his He
His eye is on the sparrow
And I KNOW He watches me

So I SING because I'M HAPPY
And I SING because I'M FREE
His eye is on the sparrow
And I KNOW He watches me!

"Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare." ~Is. 55:2b

So, I'm taking suggestions as of now! :) :) :) :) :) :)

1 comment:

Jody and Ruth Been said...

sounds like me!!

lol

although i must confess there are moments when it would be nice to have some inkling of the Lord's next step...

p.s. what's your skype name?