Friday, July 13, 2007

Strength and glory are in His Sanctuary!

The Lord is so incredibly faithful to me. It's quite humbling, actually, but even greater is the joy that overflows from my heart when I think of His faithfulness to me these last couple of weeks. After my brother died, it was so hard to spend time in the Word because I simply couldn't think of where to turn to find the words of comfort I so desperately longed for. But I turned to the Psalms anyway, knowing that if I were to find them anywhere, they would be in the Psalms. And as I read each morning at my kitchen table over breakfast and coffee, my ceiling fan would cause the pages to turn on their own. So, I let them, and when they stopped turning, I read what was before. That is how it has gone for the last two weeks. The ceiling fan paged through my Psalms last night so that this morning Psalm 94 was waiting for me. I read straight through to Psalm 99 as though they were all one long Psalm. And I just feel the need to praise the Lord by sharing what I found there. May it touch your heart as it has been touching mine! Be a good sponge and soak it up well!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Unless the Lord had given me help,
I would soon have dwelt in
the silence of death.
When I said, 'My foot is slipping,'
your love, O Lord, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to
my soul."
(Ps. 94:17-19)

"Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our
Maker;
for he is our God
and we are the people of hi
pasture,
the flock under his care.
Today if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts..."
(Ps. 95:6-7)

"Sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to the Lord, praise his name;
proclaim his salvation day after
day.
Declare his glory among the
nations,
his marvelous deeds among all
peoples.
For great is the Lord and most worthy
of praise;
he is to be feared above all
gods.
For all the gods of the nations are idols,
but the Lord made the heavens.
Splendor and majesty are before
him;
strength and glory are in his
sanctuary"
(Ps. 96:1-6)

"Let those who love the Lord hate
evil,
for he guards the lives of his
faithful ones
and delivers them from the hand
of the wicked.
Light is shed upon the righteous
and joy on the upright in heart.
Rejoice in the Lord, you who are
righteous,
and praise his holy name."
(Ps. 97:10-12)

"Sing to the Lord a new song,
for he has done marvelous things;
his right hand and his holy arm
have worked salvation for him.
The Lord has made his salvation
known
and revealed his righteousness to
the nations.
He has remembered his love
and his faithfulness to the house of
Israel;
all the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation of our God."
(Ps. 98:1-3)

"...they called on the Lord
and he answered them.
O Lord our God,
you answered them;
you were to Israel a forgiving
God,
though you punished their misdeeds.
Exalt the Lord our God
and worship at his holy mountain
for the Lord our God is holy."
(Ps. 99:6b, 8-9)

"Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are
his;
we are his people, the sheep of
his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his
name.
For the Lord is good and his love
endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through
all generations."
(Ps. 100:3-5)

No comments: