Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Solace...

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my
salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

(Psalm 61:5-8)


The Lord is close to the
brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in
spirit.

(Psalm 34:18)


I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me.

I will praise God's name in song
and glorify him with
thanksgiving.
This will please the Lord more than
an ox,
more than a bull with its horns and hoofs.
The poor will see and be glad--
you who seek God, may your hearts
live!
The Lord hears the needy
and does not despise his captive
people.

Let heaven and earth praise him,
the seas and all that move in them,
for God will save Zion
and rebuild the cities of Judah.
Then people will settle there and
possess it;
the children of his servants will
inherit it,
and those who love his name will dwell there.

(Ps. 69:29-36)

No comments: