Friday, July 06, 2007

Plodding Along...

Well, this week has been an alright week; it definitely improved as it progressed. At first it was really hard to leave my family with all that happened right before I left, and it was hard being back in my apartment where it's so quiet and no one to distract me most of the time. I also finished up my to-do list before I went home, so I haven't had much on my plate to do this week as far as "work" is concerned, and in addition to that everyone here cares about me and wants to know what we found out about my brother and how my family is; sadly, I'm not in the mood to talk about it most time, especially to repeat it all 30,000 times in a week. So, all those things combined made coming back a little difficult, and then when I realized I left a suitcase in the taxi that dropped me off at home, well I definitely felt pushed over the edge.

But the Lord provides in wonderful ways. As I stepped out of said taxi in the pouring down rain, I was bombarded by the simultaneous hugs of about 10 of my youth girls all yelling "Amber's here! Amber's back!". It was one great group bear hug, and it definitely made me feel special. They knew I'd be arriving that night and they waited around for me even though it was raining something fierce. Then, Dave was able to locate and bring home my suitcase! He did some sleuthing in Penas and Tuxpan, for which I'm forever grateful. And I don't even think the taxi guy or his family opened the suitcase because not a single thing was bothered or out of place, praise the Lord!

I also have not spent much time alone this week, since due to one reason or another Sandy spent four nights here in my apartment with me, and about 2.5 full days. Mili spent the night a couple of those nights and days as well. The first couple days were harder, but now I'm doing much better thanks to their company and their ability to lighten my mood. They have been very patient with me this week also, and that has meant a lot!

So, now I'm at the end of my first week back, and my to-do list is filling up again, thankfully. We've also had a week of school graduations, about which I will post at a later date (to include pictures and video of course!). I'm looking forward to the weekend and all that next week will hold.

Thank you for your prayers!! They are working. Please keep them up!!

No comments: