Saturday, October 20, 2007

Home Again

Well, I made it home safely to Cofradia this week. I left Virginia on Tuesday and arrived in Guadalajara around 4 pm Central time. I then headed to my friend Erika's house for the night. We had a good time watching movies while I dozed on the couch since I'd only had 3 hours of sleep the night before and had been traveling about 14 hours total. It was great to get some time with Erika and her family again. I wish I could have had more time to visit with them, but praise the Lord that customs gave me the full 180 days on my visa in the airport, so on Wednesday I boarded a bus for Cofradia and arrived around 1 pm Mountain time. I then proceeded to make the rounds and see people. It was so great to see the girls, my friends in town, and the staff. And of course it's always great to be back in your own home! It took about two days to get fully unpacked and set back up which included pulling stuff out of their storage places (towels, table cloth, etc.). But I'm all settled back in now and about ready to get back to "work"! I even had time to clean out my email inbox!! In one afternoon it went from having 120 messages (all read) to having less than 30!!! WAHOO!!!

I've already had some mentor time with Sandy, and Ana has informed me that I'm her pick for mentor now that she has completed our Navigators 2:7 discipleship class. So, I'll have some scheduling to figure out and my Bible study load is definitely going to increase! Please pray for wisdom as I try to discern what direction the Lord wants us to go in this mentoring relationship.

We have some new staff members, too. Pete and Faye drove down following Dave and Kathy from Canada. They don't speak much Spanish, however, so it seems I'll be doing some tutoring as well. I'm actually looking forward to that! Last year when I completed the Harvest language program, I actually bought the books for the first three levels of their program because I wanted to brush up on a few things that were not covered in my level. However, I never actually used them. Now, I'm glad I bought them anyway because they will be very useful in tutoring Pete and Faye! We'll have them speaking like Mexicans in no time!

Tonight is the first youth group meeting I'll be able to attend since returning, and tomorrow will be my first church service. The whole staff will be there tomorrow also, so it's going to be a ton of fun. We have lots of planning and catching up to do in the next few months as we prepare to end out this year and start yet another exciting one. So, please keep us all in your prayers as we settle in, catch up, plan, and move forward!

No comments: