Monday, October 16, 2006

Back in Cofradia once again....

So, that leaves me with the latest for this post. I returned to Cofradia on Saturday, October 14. Friday, Oct 13, was spent watching movies with Sally and Angeles and then packing. I have recently purchased the new version of Pride and Prejudice (forevermore P&P) and The Lake House came to Blockbuster in Guad on Friday, so I bought that as well, because we all know just how much I LOVE that movie! So, we watched those two movies because Angeles had never seen either. It was very enjoyable...then packing ensued. Also that afternoon I spoke on the phone first with Mili, who is visiting family in Guad still, and then with Lupe here in Arrayanes. Lupe informed me that Mili had told the family I would be returning on Monday instead of Saturday, and since no one was home when I called (except Lupe), she said she wouldn't tell Sandy so I could surprise her again....hehe....I love surprises!

So, after dinner on Friday (very late, as usual...did I mention that in that house we usually ate dinner around 9-10 pm??), we played cards one last time. And then we hit the sack, since we had an early morning. Saturday morning bright and early, we loaded all my stuff in to Jer's car (which we had borrowed because we couldn't fit people AND luggage into one car), and everyone else piled into Romel and Angeles' car. After dropping me at the bus station, they were going to head to Awanas in El Coli, which is a regular Saturday outreach activity that Jer and Kelly have kicked off in that area. However, due to bad directions by some guys at the first bus station where we stopped, we ended up driving around for 2 hours looking for the
right bus station to catch the bus line I needed. But I finally got on the bus and on my way around 10:30 a.m. and was in Penyas around 2 p.m.

The view from my bus window, just outside of Tepic
Oh! Mexico is BEAUTIFUL!

Faith was waiting to pick me up and we headed to Tuxpan to run a couple errands, and then home we went. On our way home, we talked about a great many things (because she and I never run out of things to talk about! I love that!!), and we noticed up ahead the storm clouds hovering over the area where Arrayanes and Cofradia lie. I noticed this the last time I visited too, but it's amazing because when it rains, if you're watching the storm from a distance, it looks like a huge cloud descends upon where the storm has hit....you can see it in the pictures..

Notice that the mountain in the distance disappears on it's right...that is the storm that was descending upon Arrayanes at that moment...

Just to the left you can see what look like stripes in the clouds as though they are coming to the ground...yah that's the rain!!! Rainy season here is amazing!


We arrived around 3:30 p.m. just before the rain came to Cofradia. It actually wan't super strong here. I don't know about in Arrayanes, but not bad here. However, it was the first rain I'd experienced here in Cofradia...it was a little weird but cool! I unloaded all my gear from the truck and into my appartment (which was full of dead cockroaches, by the way), grabbed a few things, and around 4 pm headed to Arrayanes with the 15-passenger van (a first for me..driving one that big that is!) to surprise Sandy, and then later to bring a few folks back for an appreciation night at Steve and Gena's (for the leaders that helped with El Reto). I went to see Favi first, and then she accompanied me to Sandy's house. When we arrived, she walked in first, and I followed. I wish you all could have seen Sandy's face...she just lit up like the sun at sunrise and had the hugest smile on her face. Of course it wasn't as surreal as the last time I surprised them, cuz they knew I was coming at some point soon, but still...it was a grand moment! We talked for a little while and caught up some. She and I made plans to get together yesterday to talk about stuff going on and about mentorship stuff (she asked me about a month ago to be her mentor!), and then I headed back to Cofradia with the leaders.

Sunday service was glorious! This was my first Sunday in the churches since being back in the country, since I left before services last time. Gollo's sermon was WONDERFUL. He talked about the different kinds of seed we can sow and what we need in our hearts and lives and minds in order to sow well as well as the types of seeds we need to be seeking to recieve from the Lord in order to be able to sow in the lives of others. It was such a great message. It really reminded me of where my focus needs to be for this missionary thing--well in life in general, but specifically being here in this capacity. Prayer is absolutely essential. Nothing will happen without it, and I will never have the right focus or approach if I am not first grounded and centered in prayer. And second comes my relationship with the Lord. I will sow what is in my heart....if it's not Him, then it's something NOT Him, and that is not acceptable. My relationship with Him must be right FIRST before I can sow anything in the lives of other concerning their own relationships with Him, or lack thereof....it was a wonderful reminder and touch from the Lord. He has such a way of doing that for me on my "first" Sunday's here....Oh what a precious and personal God we have!

No comments: