Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sandy...

Sandy and I have started meeting once a week for mentor time. So far we have had some really great discussions, and she has been very honest with me....I'm totally honored and excited about this opportunity. I see a lot of potential in this young lady, but she is at what I believe is a crucial point in her spiritual walk right now, and she needs lots of prayer. Apathy is a hard thing to battle. Not only that, but there are a lot of issues going on in her home right now and between her and her cousin, Lupe, who is living with Sandy and her family. But I am confident that the Lord has great plans for all of these folks, and He never gives up on us! So, Sandy and I are pressing on. We will be choosing a book of the Bible to study initially. I would really love to go through The Sacred Romance with her and have ordered it in Spanish. However, it has not yet arrived, and she has agreed that at this stage in the game, she needs to be digging into Scripture more. I have also tasked her with praying through and writing down some goals that she would like to place for this mentor relationship. She informed me yesterday that she has decided on goals, but is still thinking about a book of the Bible....WAHOO!

I have told her from the outset that my goal is to challenge her in any way I can. I believe the Lord has so much for her, which means sitting around doing nothing is not acceptable. It's amazing for me to have the opportunity to see how she responds to the Lord's move in her life, whether it be through me or through other people and circumstances. What a precious gift it is to get somewhat of an inside view of how God changes the world for one person in order to change the world through that person!

Please keep Sandy and I in your prayers: for me, wisdom, insight, and gentle boldness; for Sandy, a receptive, responsive heart and the willingness and desire to press forward in all that the Lord directs her to be and do.

No comments: