Monday, October 16, 2006

Settling in...again...

Sunday afternoon, between services, was spent unpacking and settling in. I had cleaned out the dead cockroaches and unpacked my clothes on Saturday night, but I was so exhausted that that's about all I got done before I fell asleep! So, Sunday I worked on unpacking everything else...decorative things, office type stuff, arranging furniture, etc.. It's really nice now. I liked my appartment before, but this time I like it better because it feels more homey. The stuff I have to hang on the walls hasn't been put up yet because they aren't technically my walls, so I don't want to put holes in them until I know what the owners have in mind, but otherwise there are touches of home, touches of me, touches of comfort this time around, and I feel much more at home this time around. Most of the homey touches are in the kitchen and living rooms. My bedroom looks pretty much the same except for the presence of lots of books on one end table and a lot more clothing (to my great relief...I was getting tired of those 6 shirts..haha).

The chair is a new addition. It was in the room I lived in back in March. It's not being used, so I swiped it! It adds a nice touch to the room, not to mention extra seating!


Light and airy...and there's even a painting on display in the corner that I bought in Chapala at an artisan market


This is definitely different. My fridge was so empty before, but I went home with the goal of bringing back magnets and magnetic pads and pictures to hang...I like it!

This is pretty similar, except this time around I have a table cloth. It doesn't match anything, but it makes the room feel less sterile, so who cares!

Complete with flowers in the center....these come from a tree on the base...and they smell divine!!!

There are still numerous things I need to purchase for the place, including food! But I'm making due until I can make a trip to WalMart and Sam's in Tepic...oh glorious day that they are SO CLOSE! Only an hour away!!!

No comments: